CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Here Comes the Airplane

I love to cook - and albeit strange - I love to grocery shop. I never realized how much advertisements and food packaging seeps into our brains. These first few weeks it takes an hour to pick up 5 items in the store because I have to go down every aisle and read every package (well, translate every package).

In the Italian grocery store just over the border (Swiss groceries aren't open on Sunday) , I spent a rainy Sunday afternoon strolling up and down the aisles familiarizing myself with the products. Then I came upon a few shelves I couldn't figure out. Then it hit me:

Ah, baby food with cute barnyard animals on the packages - wait...no...Cavallo is the Italian word for horse. It's horsemeat baby food!

Click on the link and check out the menu (click the Omogeneizzati links). You might not be able to read Italian, but all of those cute, little, fuzzy creatures are what's inside...and yep, that's ostrich.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

HA HA! I can just imagine you grocery shopping and translating! Oh this makes me laugh!! Can't wait to see you soon.