When I talked to my mother yesterday, she asked how my whitewater rafting trip went - that was not supposed to be for a few weekends. My mother has the uncanny ability to be completely interested in what I am doing, but never recall when I am going to do it. I've found it is an inherited trait - you could tell me twice about your entire vacation plans, but I will call you three days in a row wondering why you haven't called me back. Secretly starting to worry if I've said something or done something wrong and then - BAM! It hits me! You're in Greece!
Anyway after clearing that up, mom remembered where I had gone and asked how the Gay Parade was - hee! I reminded that it wasn't a Gay Parade, but that the best way I could describe it was a cross between Gay Pride Parade in Atlanta and the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade (both of which should be on anyone's 'Must See' list). For some reason, this mix up cracks her up. She is laughing so hard, I'm wondering if I will need to call Ty on his cell because she is about to hyperventilate - and it gets me laughing. I'm convinced she is laughing so hard trying to remember who she told I had gone to a Gay Parade. And all the laughter is before seeing these pictures:
Anyway after clearing that up, mom remembered where I had gone and asked how the Gay Parade was - hee! I reminded that it wasn't a Gay Parade, but that the best way I could describe it was a cross between Gay Pride Parade in Atlanta and the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade (both of which should be on anyone's 'Must See' list). For some reason, this mix up cracks her up. She is laughing so hard, I'm wondering if I will need to call Ty on his cell because she is about to hyperventilate - and it gets me laughing. I'm convinced she is laughing so hard trying to remember who she told I had gone to a Gay Parade. And all the laughter is before seeing these pictures:
And these are the tame costumes! I wish I had the courage to take photos of some of the more outrageous, but 1. I don't know how to say "Can I take your picture?" in German and 2. Those people looked like they could hurt me (kinda like the stare I got from this guy).
*must get orange and white headdress for UT football games!
There were 1 million people there! Crowds are on the bottom of my 'fun list.' I constantly feel like a kid in a grocery store who can't find their mother, but this was worth it. Zurich will seem incredibly tame when I finally make it up there as a 'real tourist' and gorge on American movies (explanation for non-expats: Zurich is the only city that shows American movies in English with popcorn - not a common movie theater treat here.)

Crowds - that's why I'm up in the ferris wheel
And that is a wig on Michelle - although...
I think now she is regretting not having dyed her hair
that color in high school when it would have been 'cool.'
And that is a wig on Michelle - although...
I think now she is regretting not having dyed her hair
that color in high school when it would have been 'cool.'
ps - Alisa: I bought some Luxemburgerli. Now I understand the obsession! It was worth the three hour train ride for just those!
0 comments:
Post a Comment